Monday, January 15, 2007

Ode to a Bathtub

We got a call at 7:30 in the morning today. It was from our landlord, wanting to replace our entire bathroom. Tomorrow!

So of course tomorrow is the same morning that some author from Italy is coming in to work and wants to check us out and see if we are professional and not a little dinky family Christian business. And he is arriving promptly at 8:00. And I have to tidy up my office and put away all the stacks of paper that I am collecting, so I should really get to work by 7:45.

At least we will have bagels and coffee...

But I am so afraid that they are going to replace my lovely giant old bathtub with one of those little bitty plastic ones that is are shallow that you can't even get all of yourself under the water at the same time. It makes me want to cry and take pictures of it to remember it by. And there are these beautful aqua tiles lining the wall, and the wonderful wrap around shower curtain rod, and I am afraid it will end up all beige fiberglass.

Sigh.

Here I go to say my farewell...

No comments: