Monday, December 11, 2006

long awaited newsletter

Today we sent it... BY ACCIDENT! Who knew that "Finished" in bulk email sending lingo really means "Send". It was not supposed to go out until tomorrow. Not for any very good reason other than that Monday's are busy after the weekend, and by tuesday, homeschooling moms or teachers are already settled into their weekly routine.

This e-newsletter has been weeks in the making and is the first one we have ever done. Writing this, designing that, editing ten times, overcoming technological hurdles, and just today doing our first recording. Yes, today we finally "laid down the vocals". All of that and by pushing one button it could have gone down the e-toilet. It didn't. That must be grace at work because by the time I pushed (yes it was me) the "finished" button, the final drafts, all of the links, the edited recording, had gone live. And before leaving work, after it was out for about an hour, we'd already heard (nice things) from three happy customers. And no, three out of 1,400, is not that many, but I have high hopes for my inbox tomorrow.

Soooooo, the moral of the story is,

Do not push the "Finished" button until you are really finished.

And, everything just might turn out ok.

And for your visual, intellectual and auditory pleasure,

Here it is,

Classica from CAP

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanna, your voice is gorgeous! I love the song! Bekah

Anonymous said...

Joanna,
The whole newsletter is wonderful! (It is as much fun turning the pages as is a certain British author's website that we are both familiar with!) Kurt says that the newsletter looks like it has come from a large company with lots of experience in sending out newletters. You can certainly be proud of all your hard work and thankful for the grace that it was sent out when it was.
The carol is so beautiful and better than I would have ever imagined it could be in this format. It is perfect. I have listened to it several times already and shake my head in wonder each time.
Benny walked in while we were listening and "meowed" quite loudly.. We decided that he was either singing along or that he thought that "Veni" was really referring to him :)
Thank you for sharing this with all of us. It is very special.
Ann

Joanna said...

Thanks mom and sis... love you.

And Benny! I will have to start calling him by saying "Veni Benny..."
Maybe this is the secret and he will listen!
Give him a scratch behind the ears for me. :-)

troy. said...

Looks great! Somehow I don't think you'll have a lot of trouble putting together a powerpoint slide for a Sunday nite!

Joanna said...

Troy,
No no, I can take no credit for design. That was all the work of my amazing techie co-worker Rob.

I am going to have to try my own powerpoint though. It looks like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna!

The newsletter is really neat... I must be REALLY sleep-deprived, because it took me awhile to figure out how to turn the pages :). And your voice is beautiful! I loved the song. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

Love,
Diana