Sunday, December 03, 2006

one restless, anxious, grumpy, extremely cold, very bad day

The subject gives it away, but that is how the day was. I changed my mind about what to do in it about thirthy-seven times, mostly wanted to lay on the couch. But I didn't want to feel like I was wasting my weekend by being a bum laying on the couch. And the most interesting thing, and the real reason I am posting this, is that it was not only me. A good chunk of my family had the same sort of day. My brother is sick anyway, so maybe he doesn't count, but he sure sounded miserable sniffling and hacking all over the place. Mom was on the grumpy side, for no good reason, and freely admitted it herself. Poor Bekah has been furiously knitting a scarf for the last several days, and it will do nothing but curl into a skinny cylinder. She tried ironing it, stretching it, scolding it, all to no avail, so she will now be unraveling it. She stopped by her boyfriend John's house this morning after her choir practice, and woke him up, and you can guess it, he was grumpy. Bekah got annoyed, stayed for literally one minute, and then went home to spend the rest of the day bored and restless and didn't know what to do with herself either. I am pretty sure that even Maggie, one of the Daschunds, was more anxious and high-strung than usual, and she went potty on my jeans when I gave her her usual hello sqeeze.

So we are baffled.

Did anyone else have such a rotten day? And it is Saturday too!

Perhaps it is because of this extreme, super-duper temperature switch from seventy-two degrees yesteday, to thirty one today. Kurts (stepdads) theory is that we are approaching approaching the last full moon autumn (Dec. 5). "Sounds like you are being affected by the stronger than usual effects of this years autumnal bigmoonox."

So please tell me if you had a bad day too. We will pretend that this is a scientific study and compile statistics and debate bad-day hypotheses, and see if there is some external factor at work...

Or else it's just in my genes. And what's on my jeans doesn't help either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I actually had a pretty good day, but that was probably because I spent most of it putting off the work I was supposed to be doing. If it's any consolation, I'm now grading at 1:30 am and I should still produce a paper outline that I'm running late on, so maybe it will count as a bad day within a few more hours. :) I hope things improve tomorrow.

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Actually,
You probably hit the reason exactly when you said you would have rathered layed around on the couch more than anything else. After a busy week, rest becomes what we need, sometimes, more than anything else. What's hard in our culture is to admit it. Especially during this season of almost frantic busyness, if we let ourselves be swept into the fray.
Rest is always good!
A Friend