Wednesday, June 28, 2006

singing in the choir...

Last night was worship practice at church and I am singing with a small version of the choir for the service on Sunday. We are doing a lot of stately hymns to go with the powerful new organ (the floor definitely rumbles) and I am standing next to Shawneen, who is an amazing soprano. I found out that she used to sing with the Boston Symphony Orchestra. She says she likes singing with me because we are both strong singers, which is an amazing compliment, but I still feel like I sound like a faint little buzz beside her. Her husband is the worship leader at my church and I don't think anyone loves music and worship more than him. His face just beams with delight while we worship in church. But I totally love the church choir, because we just laugh and laugh together. That was never how I pictured a curch choir to be. I always would have thought it would be serious and stuffy. The best part is when we are giggling and whispering right before our entrance, and the second before our cue we immediately stop, take a deep breath, focus, and sing at the top of our lungs. So this sunday is going to be one rockin' service with the belting out singing and the roaring organ and the smiles on our faces.

No comments: