Monday, July 24, 2006

divorce and redemption

Tomorrow one of my good friend's parents are getting a divorce. He came over tonight and Kelly and him and I ate ice cream and sat in the midst of our half folded laundry and talked about it. I can't believe that it has been seven years since my parents divorced, and talking to him I felt like some kind of old, wizened pro at the issue. He, at least is talking about it to friends and has a strong community. I didn't talk about it for about a year, and the people at my college were shocked, and hurt, I think, that I held it in so long. But now that time is long gone, and life has become normal as it is. There are still awkward issues and sad things, but good things are growing now too. I hope I can be an encouragement, to tell him that it will be ok. Not perfect, by any means, but God will grant his grace and redeem what we cannot believe possible, and he will make it ok. That is his business. That is his gift. He is mighty to save.

No comments: