Wednesday, March 07, 2007

miscellaneous catch up

So, my time just seems to evaporate. It is just flying by. I started the post below on Sunday, and just finally finished and posted it. I am not even very busy, but I have a lot of activities, even if some of them are watching old episodes of Northern Exposure. I barely watch any TV, except for Wheel of Fortune with Kelly, but my Mom loved Northern Exposure when I was a kid, though I had no idea why. I needed something light and fun to watch and got it out of the library and I am hooked. They are all excellent charcters, and there are so many of them.

I have been trying to get Karah and Bryan and Kevin (our little church quartet) together to record a song and enter Garrison Keillor's talent show. This round is for people in their twenties, and I think we would have a decent shot at getting to fly to Minnesota and sing on the radio, but time is slipping away, and I am not sure we are going to make the deadline.

Yesterday Rob decided that I should learn how to make web pages. HTML is a big pain in the butt. Maybe it is because I am using a freebie WYSIWYG program for layout, but I think it is mainly the HTML problem. I am so much more impressed with Rob's web design skills now, though, and my attmpts are looking most dreadfully amature. Still, if I can learn some of it, especially for marketing purposes (these pages will be used for our next e-newsletter), I will feel much more independent, and like I won't need to keep bugging Rob for everything that needs to look nice.

And yesterday after work, I came home and was just sitting in the living room when a lady and a girl I didn't know knocked on our door. I thought maybe they were selling Girl Scout cookies. But no, they were letting me know that there was a fire right beside our house! It wasn't just beside our house, and it wasn't very big, but it was an electrical fire around one of the telephone poles near our house. The mother was already on the phone when she knocked, and the fire was put out quickly by several emergency vehicles, but on her way out of the driveway, this poor woman (except that she drove a Cadillac Escalade) backed into Kelly's car and dented her door. She was a really nice lady, and she is one of our neighbors across the street, and she was very flustered, and I hope we meet her again, but what a crazy half hour that was. We have had a lot of wierd things happen at this house, from this fire, to accident's on the corner, to a gas spill to a car flipped over in the lawn. I love this house, but I really hope that we stay alive to live somewhere else someday.

Well, this is rambly but I enjoyed writing it out. I am home alone tonight, and I don't know where Kelly is, and my Mom isn't home and I've tried calling her a couple of times, so I guess this is my evening's chatting and you get to listen in... Feel free to chat to me next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, what? A car flipped over in your yard? You can't mention something like that and not give details. You're even allowed to embellish a little. I certainly do.