Saturday, February 17, 2007

New, must read, can't live without 'em blogs

I am linking to two brand new blogs at right. I love blogs. I think that I don't read books anymore because I read blogs. I am attempting to remedy that at the moment with Edith Wharton, but I just started it last night, so no promises. In the meantime, here is some great online reading.

The Yarn Harlot

This is new one. Just started reading it last night too, so it only goes to show my immediate enthusiasm to add it as a link within twenty four hours (poor Edith Wharton).
This woman, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is a best selling author of books about knitting. Books about knitting you say, with eyebrows slightly raised? If you go to this blog right now and read Represent you will promptly be educated in the vast underground world of knitting. This woman gained over 500 comments from knitters all over the world, on this one post, in less than 24 hours!!! Wow, I am so proud to call myself one of them (a knitter, that is, not a commenter...yet). But she is an excellent writer, went to art school, and still hasn't decided in which direction to focus her creative energy. Sounds so very familiar. Make sure you read An Artist Needs Limits.

Jeneric Jeneralities

Jen Ig, as she is often referred to, is the spunkiest and funniest blogger I know, and she is a homeschooling mother of six children. You can read all kinds of adventures involving kids, animals, barn dances, cupcakes, organic produce, school, and God. And I so want to write like her, as if I can hear her voice from right across the messy book littered living room. There is a very large, underground movement of homeschool bloggers, as well as knitting ones, and this is one of the best. She is actually rather famous in her niche, too, as the senior editor of the homeschooling glossy, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. I end up wandering over to her blog at work now and then, as I click through various homeschooling web sites. A very refreshing read. You'll end up knowing the whole family.

Does anyone know of other great blogs? Which ones do you read? I'd love to hear about them and get sucked in, and have to read them everyday and add more to my list of favorites.

BUT, I still can't decide what links to list... I never read Google News, so that needs to go...

That will be my next project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my goodness, how nice! you have totally just made my day
:)

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a KILLER website, knittinghelp.com has everything you need to know about knitting. There are even short videos demonstrating how to do certain stitches!