Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines for one more hour...

Yes this is late, but it is still good for one more hour... My friend Hannah wrote in response to my February post the very witty quote below,

Yeah, the only things that ever seem to make February bearable are
being fantastically busy or falling in love, and neither is
completely under human control...


I would much prefer falling in love to being fantastically busy, but she continues with this next piece of very "humanly controllable" advice for February...

Kim and Josh had me over for dinner last night, and Kim found this
fantastic cookie mix that comes in a bag. I think it's Duncan Hines
sugar cookies, if I recall rightly (turns out it's really Betty Crocker!).
They taste homemade, at least to
me. I'm not an expert on sugar
cookies, but they certainly improve
February.

Who is not an expert on sugar cookies? I think that since love is not a controllable option, and extreme busyness is not nearly as desirable, sugar cookies must be the answer. I wanted to make them all day today, but while being bogged down with folding laundry and scraping and scraping ice off my car, I never got to it. So tomorrow, if I can get out of my driveway and make it to work, I am going to stop at the grocery store and purchase this highly recommended sugar cookie mix. I am going to come home and bake them, and I am going to make pink icing to go on top and I have every expectation that the depths of February will be vanquished. It's just too bad that next week is the beginning of Lent...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna,
They sound lovely. My mouth is watering! Are the February depths, indeed, vanquished? :)_
Mom

Diana said...

I am with Hannah... those Betty Crocker sugar cookies are the best! Did you give them a try? :)